My Samsung Galaxy S III
Publication Date: November 19, 2012 | ISBN-10: 0789749637 | ISBN-13: 978-0789749635 | Edition: 1
Friendly, quick, and 100% practical, My Samsung Galaxy S III is the must-have companion for every Samsung Galaxy S III user. Authored by Dr. Steven Schwartz, a leading expert in demystifying complex technologies, this book walks new users through every task they'll want to perform, including:
* Setting up the Samsung Galaxy S III and mastering its TouchWiz touch interface
* Placing and receiving calls
* Browsing the web with the latest mobile version of Google Chrome
* Using social networks, managing contacts, and creating calendar appointments
* Send and receive email from multiple accounts * Moving data between phone and computer
* Playing and managing music
* Watching video from movies, TV, and other sources
* Shooting and sharing photos and HD video
* Using built-in and third-party apps for productivity and fun
* Customizing and optimizing the Samsung Galaxy S III phone, services, and usage
* Troubleshooting and fixing problems
Every task is presented step-by-step, using carefully annotated, full-color screenshots, all numbered so there's no chance of getting lost of confused. Everything's clearly organized in modular, self-contained chapters designed to help readers get up-and-running in no time, and keep their Samsung Galaxy S III smartphones working exactly the way they want. Throughout, the book is packed with helpful tips, lists, and quick solutions to the problems users are most likely to encounter.
About the Author
Steve Schwartz got an early start as a computer industry writer and author. Immediately after buying an Apple II+ in 1978, he began writing regularly for the computer magazines of the day. Since then, he has written hundreds of articles for major publications, including Macworld, PC World, InfoWorld, and Computerworld. He is also the author of more than 60 books on game and computer topics, including guides to business/productivity software (Microsoft Office, Access, and FileMaker Pro), Internet software (Internet Explorer, Outlook Express, Entourage, and Gmail), and graphics/imageediting software (Picasa, Picture It!, Digital Image Suite, and CorelDRAW).
Before becoming a full-time writer in 1990, Steve served as editor-in-chief for Software Digest and technical services director for Funk Software. He also authored the first trade paperback on the then-new Nintendo phenomenon: Compute!’s Guide to Nintendo Games.
Paperback: 576 pages
Publisher: Que Publishing; 1 edition (November 19, 2012)
Product Dimensions: 9 x 5.9 x 1.1 inches
Shipping Weight: 2 pounds